Thursday, August 27, 2020

New Group Buy Alert: WEBUY


I have to admit that I am quite a fan of online shopping and also groupbuys because of the discounts that come with it. So I came across this groupbuy app that is quite innovative (quite a bummer you can't use it on your computer but only on your phone so it is like forcing you to download on your phone...) It is called WEBUY and it let people who are living near each to buy items in batches and enjoy discounts because you are basically buying in bulk.

During lockdown, I would have said this is a fantastic model because my area had no informal group chats for group buys. Out of curiousity, I downloaded the app to explore the features. Generally, there is a lot more deals for food produces. Especially if you cook at home or is a foodie at home, this app might be for you. :D


One of my biggest grouse was that the initial prompt was in mandarin, which I have to be frank...I suck in it. You can safely see more than 10% off, but the quantum value isn't much. This is because for food, the cost price is already quite low so it can be quite hard to see slashing rates. :P They don have very trendy food and WEBUY have kindly sent some over for me to try! I am pretty excited about it and will be updating here on the taste!

To get more bang for your bucks, subscribers of the Prime Plan which cost $9.90 a month will get 5% cashback on all purchases. On top of that, you will receive monthly $8 vouchers on top of subscribers only offers!


For those of you who are young and fun, you might  want to try out their “WEBUY La La La (辣辣辣) Mukbang Challenge” with a prize money of S$828 for the fastest attempt to finish a cup of
spicy Suan La Fen (酸辣粉). You just have to post the video of your attempt (i.e. the
Mukbang video) on your social media platforms with the hashtag #WEBUY828 and tag a friend
by 6 September 2020. Make sure you start your video from the pouring hot water into the cup and preparing the item. The clock will start counting from the time you start eating till the time you finish and show an empty cup.

To make sure no one walk home feeling sad, WEBUY is throwing in 1000 WEBUY coins for anyone who competes in within a minute. Generally, I like doing such challenges but my baby is no fan of spicy food, so we are giving it a miss this time round. But if you have a stomach of steel, you should totally try it (cos the money is quite worth it!) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment