Friday, August 7, 2020

HiBlendr: Must-have thrill


I haven't been posting that much photos of my chubby self here, so most of you probably still have a healthy looking image of me in your head. The same can't be said for my family. The Hub, my family and even myself have been slowly getting used to my rolly-polly image. My tummy has been popping out for so long that honestly I can't even remember how it feels like to have a nice, flat tummy!

Resolution to self: To hit back the gym after baby arrives and have a more fit slender image. I didn't post much here, but before I knew I was pregnant, I actually signed up for a gym membership and was hitting the gym around 3-4 times a week to prance around LOL! cos I wanted to win my company's most active award...like WTH. Yes, that's how motivated I am by rewards!


When I saw the a portable blender at HiBlendr, I was quite excited about it cos I wanted to make fruit juices (which I know are not that healthy) and protein shakes for the men in my house. The mailing takes quite a while so you need to time your purchase ahead. It can be charged by USB which means that I can even use a portable charger to ramp it up if need be. The juice cup wasn't too heavy so you could just bring it around. 

One thing we noted after trying it was that the blender was rather powerful. It can even crush the ice. This led us to thinking perhaps we can use this to blend baby's food too and make his very own whitebait powder when he arrives. Quite a bit of use already for this blender I have to say. My only grouse is the colour. Navy blue looked really good in pictures but it is actually a lot darker in reality. 



The blender is quite easy to use and clean. In fact, we use the blending action to clean it. Basically, all you have to do is fill the blender with the goodies and close the cover until you see green blinking lights. Then give it a long press to start the machine. To stop it, give it one quick press. Initially, I was very gentle with it and didn't manage to seal it tight enough. 

As part of the safety measures, the red blinking light would appear. Also, the blender will not start if it is not sealed properly. Now, his blender is the hot stuff in the house. Every day, I will hear it at least once grinding a milkshake in the kitchen. My Mum's quest is now to make the most delicious milkshake. Check out our first ever avocado milkshake. (Pss...you can add gula melaka to make it tastier!)


No comments:

Post a Comment